About Nicole Capurso
Nicole was born and raised in Staten Island, NY. She grew up playing many different sports and always loved being active. Although she enjoyed all sports, Nicole fell in love with the game of basketball around 8 years old and it consumed her life from then on. She went on to play for a private high school in Staten Island, NY and a premiere AAU team in NYC.
Nicole accepted a full athletic scholarship to play Division 1 basketball for Hofstra University in the Colonial Athletic Association. While at Hofstra (2008-2012), she studied Exercise Science and graduated with a BS in the field. While in school, she always had a growing interest in health and fitness and made time to explore many areas in the field - running fitness boot camps in a local park, working in pediatric obesity clinics, and interning with her strength and conditioning coach in the weight room.
During one semester, Nicole was placed in a local CrossFit gym as an intern. When she realized the amazing changes it produced in people's lives and the pure competition it bred, Nicole was interested and knew she wanted to use CrossFit as an avenue to help people become healthier human beings. Nutrition was always a passion that went hand in hand with fitness, as she knew that proper nutrition played a huge role in athletics, performance, and health in general.
She decided to use her passion for health and fitness, her platform as a competitive athlete, and her love for writing to start a blog that eventually grew. She began coaching both fitness and nutrition, and found that it seemed to be how she was called to honor the gifts she had been given.
Honor Your Nutrition is the result of wanting to help the people around you become the best version of themselves. Nicole is proud to be able to serve and assist you on your fitness and nutrition journey!
Staten Island, NY
BS in Exercise Science from Hofstra University (’08-’12)
- NCSF Personal Trainer
- NCSF Sports Nutrition
- Crossfit Level 1
- Crossfit Kids
- USA Weightlifting Level 1
- Equinox Pre and Post Natal Training Certified
Athletic Accomplishments: -
- Division 1 basketball, Hofstra University (’08-’12)
- 3rd All Time in School History: 3-pointers made (208)
- 8th All Time in School History: games played (119)
- 2013 Crossfit Regional Team competitor (North East)
- 2014 Crossfit Regional Individual competitor (Mid Atlantic)
- 2015 Crossfit Super Regional Individual competitor (Atlantic)
- 2016 Crossfit Super Regional Team Champion (South)
- 2016 Crossfit Games Team Athlete
- 5x USAW National meet qualifier
- Athlete for the Miami Surge in the NPG
- Game 7 AAU Basketball Coach (Long Island, NY) - 2009-2014
- Coach at Cow Harbor Crossfit (Huntington, NY) - 2012-2014
- Personal Trainer at Equinox - 2012-2014
- Coach at Outlaw Crossfit (Alexandria, VA) - 2014-2016
- Personal Trainer at Mount Vernon Athletic Center (Alexandria, VA) - 2014-2016
- Coach at Crossfit Overtake (The Woodlands, TX) - 2016
- Coach at Crossfit 417 (Ozark, MO) - 2017
Want to book Nicole for a Honor Your Nutrition Workshop at your home box? Contact us now to learn how!